Here you can download Gboard For PC, and use this google keyboard app on your Mac or Windows laptop or computer.
Gboard is a virtual keyboard for both Android and iOS devices. Gboard was launched in May 2016 for iOS users and then for Android devices in December 2016.
It was first named Google Keyboard and then it was renamed Gboard. Since its launch on Android devices. GBoard has more than a billion users and has been rated 4.5 stars by 8 million people, not including PC emulator users.
In August 2018, more than 1 billion people downloaded Gboard on the Google Play Store, making it one of the most popular apps on Android devices.
There are many virtual keyboards available on Android and iOS. But the main reason why GBoard is so popular is that it provides its users with a simple interface that makes it easy to use.
The theme’s feature is the most fun in Gboard and also in the PC app. This feature gives its users the option to change the keyboard theme.
Where the user can apply and change the Theme or Image of his choice on the Gboard. The user can change the Themes according to his mood and preference by going to the settings of the Gboard
More than 60 languages are available on Gboard including English, Spanish, German, Hindi, and many other Indian languages.
Google keeps updating its GBoard on iOS, Android ad PC devices from time to time and keeps adding new features and languages.
You can also install Gboard on Android TV. I hope now you have an idea about this Gboard app so now let’s discuss some frequently asked questions.
Gboard PC App FAQs
Before you continue with this article and download this google keyboard app on your pc. Take a look at the FAQs below for a quick idea.
There is no official app available on windows or mac stores but with the help of an android emulator, you can use this google keyboard app on your pc.
It is very simple, go to the keyboard setting on your phone and select gboard as a primary keyboard.
First, download the android emulator on your pc and then install this google keyboard app on the emulator. You can check out the below part of this article to get more details.
Yes, previously this app was known as the google keyboard but later google rebranded it Gboard for android users.
If you want to use this google keyboard app on your pc then you must need bluestacks on your pc.
Now let’s see how we can download and install this google keyboard app on our windows and mac computers.
How to Install Gboard on PC? (Windows)
Before we start the installation of this google keyboard app on pc. I want to clarify you can only use this keyboard in the virtual environment.
Because we are not installing it on our pc but we will install this app on the android emulator we are using on our PC.
Now let’s see the complete step-by-step installation process of the Gboard app on our windows or mac PC.
- Go to the official website of Bluestacks, download it, and install it on your windows or mac pc. Or you can also try Nox Player, LDPlayer, etc.
- Now open the android emulator, click on the play store icon and search for the Gboard app to install it on our pc. As shown in the above image.
- As you can see above click on the install button and it will start the installation Gboard app on your pc emulator.
- Once this google keyboard app is installed, you can see the open button there, click on that to open the app.
- Or you can click on the Gboard app icon available on the main dashboard to start the app and use it with an android emulator.
The installation process of the Gboard app is the same for the mac and windows, only downloading the emulator according to your operating system.
Hope you are able to install this Gboard app on your windows or mac pc. Make sure you change the setting to start using this google keyboard app.
Gboard For PC Download (Google Keyboard)
Sometimes if you are using an old pc then while using an emulator you are not able to sign in with a google account.
So if you are getting that error you can follow the below process to uninstall this Gboard app with apk file.
- Follow all the steps to install the android emulator as we discussed on our first method but here no need to sign in with google.
- Here you will also need a Gboard apk file to install it on the pc android emulator because we will not download it from the play store.
- Drag and drop this google keyboard app file into the emulator. It will start installing, and in a few seconds, it will be installed.
- Once it is installed you can see the Gboard icon available on the main dashboard and you can click on that to start the app.
So this is the complete step-by-step installation process of this Gboard app and also the same on the mac pc.
Make sure you use the Gboard latest apk file to get all the latest features of this app. And you have to update this app manually every time.
Gboard has some features that make it unique from other virtual keyboards available in the Google Play Store and iOS App Store.
- By using this feature of Gboard on a PC, you can type without touching its letters by gliding over them. For example, to type sun, glide the fingers over S, U, N.
- There are very few virtual keyboards that have the feature of a search bar.
- Images, GIFs, or pictures are downloaded by Google while typing anything using the search bar feature of Gboard. The Internet must be on for this.
- The translation is a useful feature, with the help of typed words in any language. That includes English words to Hindi or any Spanish word the Hindi language can be translated.
- With voice typing, there is no need to type any word while using Gboard on a PC. A user can write a sentence by speaking it. Voice typing also takes less time than typing a message with fingers. Apart from this, you can also convert words into voice.
- One of the best features is the clipboard feature of Gboard. If the clipboard is on, then by typing any text and copying it, you can save that text by going to the clipboard setting. The copied text will only be deleted when the user deletes it.
- Gboard also provides a facility to search GIFs, stickers, and emojis and send them while typing the message also on the PC app.
So this was the complete installation process of this Gboard app on our windows and mac pc or computer.
As I discussed, to use this keyboard you need to enable it from the setting and also you can use it in the virtual environment only.